En tête technical corner
Flexisip account manager
Flexisip account manager provides building blocks to help VoIP software developers create secure user account management systems. It includes:
FlexiAPI is a REST API for user accounts creation by users and/or administrators.
The REST API calls can easily be integrated into an administration portal if you have one. The main supported features are related to the management of SIP accounts (create, edit, activate/deactivate, delete, name admin, etc.), user identity validation via email or SMS, one-time password generation, user authentication via digest or hashed password algorithm (SHA256), and generation of per user provisioning files and associated contact list.
Remote provisioning server
Flexisip account manager's provisioning server is able to generate configuration files compatible with Linphone.
The Linphone apps support remote provisioning, which consists in downloading a Linphone configuration file (linphonerc) in XML format from a HTTP server URI. The values defined in the configuration file are applied to the app. Many Linphone parameters can be preconfigured that way. It can be used for static provisioning (the same parameters are applied to all app users) or dynamic provisioning (a per user configuration file).
Find more information on our public wiki.
Web admin platform
This web panel is based on FlexiAPI (in Beta mode).
Flexisip account manager is also the recommended tool to deploy the MySQL user account database used by the Flexisip proxy.
For app developers
- create SIP accounts
- validate user identity via email or SMS
- generate One-time passwords
- authenticate users via digest or hashed password (SHA256)
- recover password
- delete account
- account deletion
- enable cross-platform account configuration via QR code flashing
For SIP service administrators
- manage accounts: create, edit, activate/deactivate, delete, name admin, see account activity
- generate Qr codes embedding a provisioning file, to help users easily configure their account within the app
- assign a contact list to a user
- monitor the number of activated/unactivated accounts
The complete list of features is documented here: documentation.
Flexisip account manager is dual licensed, and can be distributed
- Under a GNU Affero GPLv3 license, for free (open source). The Affero GPL is an open source license that is similar to the GNU GPL license, with new conditions adapted to server-side software, primarily stipulating that the source code of the software must be made available to users of the service.
- Under a proprietary license. Contact us for costs and other service information.
Flexisip account manager source code is available from our GitLab.
Installation and documentation
The installation and configuration process is described in the readme file of the project.
API reference documentation: https://subscribe.linphone.org/api
Features list: https://subscribe.linphone.org/api