Liblinphone is a high-level open source library that integrates all the SIP voice/video and instant messaging features into a single easy-to-use API.
This is the VoIP SDK engine on which Linphone applications are based!
Liblinphone combines our media processing and streaming toolkit (Mediastreamer2) with our user-agent library for SIP signaling (belle-sip).
Signaling features :
- Digest and TLS client certificate authentication
- Multiple call management: hold, resume, transfer and more
- Multiple SIP proxy support: registrar, proxies, outbound proxies
- Presence using list subscription to presence server
- DTMF (telephone tones)
- Interoperability with IMS networks
- Suitable for building a VoLTE-compatible client
Media features :
- HD audio calls with support for Opus codec
- HD video calls with support for H.264, H.265 and VP8 codecs
- State-of-the-art adaptive jitter buffer algorithm
- Innovative adaptive bitrate control
- ICE support for optimised NAT traversal
- SRTP and ZRTP media encryption
- Audio and video call recording
Instant Messaging features :
- One-to-one and group instant messages
- Delivery and "is typing" notifications
- End-to-end encryption for one-to-one and group conversations
- File sharing, with configurable settings to automatically / manually download attachments
Consult our technical corner to see the list of supported standards, download pre-compiled binaries or the SDK source code, and find more information about available tutorials and documentation.