- Written in C, works under Linux (and probably any Unix) and Windows
- Implement the RFC 3550 (RTP) with a easy to use API with high and low level access
- Features an adaptive jitter algorithm for a receiver to adapt to the clockrate of the sender and network jitter
- Includes support for multiples profiles, AV profile (RFC 3551) being the one by default
- Supports part of RFC 4733 for telephone events over RTP
- Includes an API to parse and compose RTCP packets, including AVPF RTCP packets
- Features a congestion detector based on analysis of packet's arrival time
- Comprises a download capacity estimator, usable for video streams
oRTP is dual licensed. It can be licensed and distributed:
Releases of source tar.gz are here.
Use git, read only access:
git clone git://git.linphone.org/ortp.git
Read API documentation.
The API is documented using doxygen