Compile Linphone on linux and windows
Compiling linphone from source on linux:
Linphone depends on the mandatory following source packages:
Those additional packages are recommended:
- alsa-lib (libasound): the alsa library, usually present on all linux now.
- ffmpeg (more specifically libavcodec) for video codec support
- SDL>=1.2.9 again to video support working
- gtk+>=2.16 for the graphical interface
- libtheora>=1.0 to use the theora codec for an efficent video streaming
- libreadline (makes linphonec usage easier)
If you use binary packages (rpm, deb) which is the easiest way to have all linphone build dependencies on a system, install the *-dev (deb) or *-devel (rpm) packages of the above mentioned source packages.
Compiling on windows
This is achieved using the mingw/msys environnement and tools, as on linux, with ./configure && make && make install.
However installing the required mingw/msys environment plus the linphone dependencies is not easy. For that reason it is recommended to follow the instructions in the README.mingw file distributed with the sources.